1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Crack between body and screen

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by b00st4ddicted, Jul 29, 2011.

1. b00st4ddicted

b00st4ddicted iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all,

I was cleaning fingerprints off my ipad 2 today and realize there is a small hair line crack between the body and the screen. I have a white ipad so it shows the crack pretty well. I pushed it down with my finger trying to close the space, but it came back up again. I then picked up my wife's ipad 2 and realized that she has the same space between the screen and the body like mine on the top and the bottom of the ipad. I started to wonder since it's on both of the ipad 2s... maybe that's the way it is? Can anyone help me out by looking at their ipad to see if you have a hair line space between the screen and the body? thanks in advance!!
  2. Herrflik

Herrflik iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    on mine there you can see where the body and screen meet but i must say it doesnt move its that small. on the black its not noticable, can you upload pics? that would help a lot.

on a more humorous note its might be the legendary Optical Media Drive discussed not long ago :p
  3. b00st4ddicted

b00st4ddicted iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here is a picture of it. I don't think it will affect the operation of the ipad, but it's just the fact that I know it's there kind of bugs me LOL. I am currently jailbroken and under warranty. I can go to apple store and get a new one, but the problem is, the new one most likely will be 4.3.5 :(

Attached Files:

4. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Several Members have reported this problem - with a gap between the body and the screen and the biggest issue seems to be dust getting into the screen between the glass and the LCD display. For sure, Apple are replacing them but, as you said, you're likely to get a currently non-JB version of iOS.

Tim
  5. rippa91

rippa91 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Damn. I have to JB again :(