What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cover or not

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Sissy526

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was using my iPad 2 without a screen protector. An unexpected incident resulted in some deep scratches. It was replaced by Apple and a screen protector was applied as soon as it came out of the box. I researched before buying one cuz I hate bubbles and trapped debris/lint/hair. As someone in this thread already recommended, I am using the iVisor and I love it. It is removable, washable, re-installable, and it doesn't affect the user experience. The retina screen looks just as nice with it on as with it off. I can even use a stylus to write legibly and quickly. That same iVisor protector has now graduated to protecting my 4th gen iPad and my husband is enjoying using one on his hand-me-down iPad 2.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Any incident that results in deep scratches on the screen would likely scratch the screen right through a screen protector. I don't use a screen protector and have never had any scratches on y screen.

cyndy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As the iPhone is notorisly known for breakage for even minor drops (especially the iPhone 4 and iPod 4) I would most certainly hope Apple is looking for a"better" glass source if they want to keep the full glass face on those phones,iPods, and the iPad. the very fact Apple can be talked into replacing the breakage for free ( not known to everyone) tells me Apple is fully aware of that problem.

Protection needs to be at the edges of the glass (full coverage of the bezel) that will protect it from a fall full faced or a corner drop.

I have never had a scratch on my old iPods and nanos glass, but cheaper off brand phones get scratched up bouncing around in my tractor or pocket without a screen guard. Incidentally those cheaper cellphones have never had the glass broken after some pretty disastrous accidents because they never had the beautiful full glass face of the iPhone and iPad. I was told they had gorilla glass on them from the cellphone company.

My iPad4 has a great cover but nothing on the glass,

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As the iPhone is notorisly known for breakage for even minor drops (especially the iPhone 4 and iPod 4) I would most certainly hope Apple is looking for a"better" glass source if they want to keep the full glass face on those phones,iPods, and the iPad. the very fact Apple can be talked into replacing the breakage for free ( not known to everyone) tells me Apple is fully aware of that problem.

Protection needs to be at the edges of the glass (full coverage of the bezel) that will protect it from a fall full faced or a corner drop.

I have never had a scratch on my old iPods and nanos glass, but cheaper off brand phones get scratched up bouncing around in my tractor or pocket without a screen guard. Incidentally those cheaper cellphones have never had the glass broken after some pretty disastrous accidents because they never had the beautiful full glass face of the iPhone and iPad. I was told they had gorilla glass on them from the cellphone company.

My iPad4 has a great cover but nothing on the glass,

Corning's third-gen Gorilla Glass could be bound for next iPhone, iPad

Houdini5150

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I figure if you take it outside get something with greater protection like otter box or something

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jarhead57 said:
I must agree with those that recommended the iVisor. I got one and am really impressed. I cannot even tell its on there.

And I'm comfortable with it's protection too.

joenissan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bestplay3 said:
I'm thinking about just having on of those stand cases and not using any kind of actual screen protection while it's in use.

I've had MANY iproducts and never once used a screen protector and never once scratched a screen. I currently use the smart case but that's mainly because its easier to hold the iPad. I also want it protected from light falls etc. with what you pay for those screen protectors, I'd get the AppleCare.

Komputergod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
I just tried it, it works. I did it from the app, though. I just tried the link from the website version of the forum, the link worked there as well.

Me too...just read the story! Thanks for sharing it!

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Im using a griffin survivor case with built in screen shield and love it but when i use a smart cover i put the moshi ivisor xt on and find its much better than the other screen protectors. No bubbles ever and great response.

Just looked up the moshi ivisor xt and it seems rather good. May put this on my Birthday list for the kids.
Alex

Most reactions

Latest posts