What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cover or not

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm wondering how everyone feels about the protective covers for the screen... Should I get one or are they a waste of money and time....

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I say get one, others will disagree. If you never take it out of the house, you may not need one.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I used one for over a year with no problems. Since taking it off, I've found that I prefer using the iPad without one.

Th screen seems to be holding up well without protection.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i got free one when i bought my ipad3 and its annoying when i play using FLING joystick its always slipped very frustrating when play soccer games thats why im willing to spend more money for branded protector such as zagg hoping it wont slip when using the joystick :thumbsdown:

OP
rhardin

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had one on my 3 but took it off it had air and a tiny piece of fuz and it drove me nuts... I just couldn't handle it lol....

wingzfan61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im using a griffin survivor case with built in screen shield and love it but when i use a smart cover i put the moshi ivisor xt on and find its much better than the other screen protectors. No bubbles ever and great response.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Back-only cases for me, and that's only for better grip-ability. I'm not especially careful with my devices, and no damage yet, except for an iPhone that I dropped onto ceramic tile, which shattered. I don't think a screen protector would've helped in that case. Apple offered me a free replacement.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 2, 3, and 4 feel bad in the hand with no case. Cold with a hard edge. I never use a screen protector. A folio case is enough for me.

throwback8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't decided yet whether or not ill be putting an actual "screen cover" on. Right now I'm using the grey smart case and absolutely love the quality feel and protection it provides. It does have the fold over screen protection but I may add an actual screen cover also. Although I'm not sure i need it to be honest

Last edited:

knowoneuno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im using a griffin survivor case with built in screen shield and love it but when i use a smart cover i put the moshi ivisor xt on and find its much better than the other screen protectors. No bubbles ever and great response.

Are you absolutely positive the Griffin Survivor case has a built in screen shield? I'm looking to purchase my new Ipad4 this weekend and was uncertain about that. I need the toughest case I can get to protect the entire unit !! I'm a klutz !!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
knowoneuno said:
Are you absolutely positive the Griffin Survivor case has a built in screen shield? I'm looking to purchase my new Ipad4 this weekend and was uncertain about that. I need the toughest case I can get to protect the entire unit !! I'm a klutz !!

The Griffin Survivor case does indeed contain a built in screen protector. I have one on the iPad 3 I'm using to type this post.

wingzfan61

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Lol, I would surely hope I would know if the case I have on has a screen protector.

But to answer your question, yes im absolutely positive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not.

Never had one, never will. I use a folio Oberon leather case. I be sure to close it and fasten it whenever I put my 3 down. I do have a Zaggshield on my Garmin running watch that has a touchscreen. They work very well. Haven't muffed mine up yet, and believe me I have tried! If I was getting an iPad one, Zagg would be it.

Most reactions