1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

cover for pdfs

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by dodiesheffield, Feb 1, 2012.

1. dodiesheffield

dodiesheffield iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a lot of in iBooks that have no covers, and it is hard to tell them apart. Is there a way to add a cover in iBooks to a file that doesn't have one? Or to add a cover to someone else's pdf before sending it to iBooks, on my Mac? I have Snow Leopard.
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,030 / 1
    Maybe.

If the PDF is added to iTunes on the computer first you can right click on the file, go to Artwork tab, and add a cover. When you sync this book should end up with that cover. This trick hasn't been working well for me since iOS 5, so no guarantees.

Since you have a Mac, you might be able to create front page in Preview. You can insert a blank page and then import some artwork. I'm not sure if this would show up as a front cover, but it is worth a try.
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012