What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couple Of Small Problems

Querty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi guys new here hope this is the correct section,these are small issues but they are niggling me,the IPad is a 6 generation and has copied my data from my old IPad 2 including the apps it had on,my National Lottery app icon now doesn’t have the logo but a circle with lines through it a bit like a rifle sight,I tried deleting the app from Cloud but it never seems to go and when I go to App Store it is there with the little cloud symbol,it always comes back without the logo. Can I delete it completely and reinstall ? Also on Safari should the section that pops out when you press favourites be shaded blue at the top and a pinkish colour at the bottom ? It looks a little odd to me. Many thanks for looking this IPad is so good compared to my old one.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums, Querty!

If the app is still in the app store you can delete it from your iPad and then go to the App Store and download it. If the app is a paid app you will not have to pay again to redownload it.

Last edited:
OP
Q

Querty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome and the reply,yes went to the App Store after deleting from iPad but it has the cloud symbol I think saying it’s stored in the cloud as a back up,I wanted to delete it completely and install it fresh.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is deleted completely from your iPad. That cloud symbol doesn't mean it's stored in the cloud anywhere, it just means that it is a previously downloaded app that is not currently on your iPad. Clicking on the cloud symbol will download the app to your iPad just like the first time you ever installed it.

OP
Q

Querty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ahhh that explains a lot thank you,wonder why the lotto icon is missing ? I know it’s only a small thing I just wanted this new iPad perfect,still getting used to it the operating system is light years from the old one,thanks again for the help scifan 57.

OP
Q

Querty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
here’s a screenshot of the icon it’s bottom left,excellent camera on this pad.

Attachments

• DAB24694-9D5B-4AA7-B40B-34A41C0B0E31.png
    DAB24694-9D5B-4AA7-B40B-34A41C0B0E31.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 320

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What happens if you reboot the iPad? Press and hole both the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the iPad to restart. BTW, is the app working normally even with the blank icon?

OP
Q

Querty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I tried that it's just the same yes the app works as it should I'm still not winning :D really appreciate the help.

OP
Q

Querty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How very strange my National Lottery app has this morning mysteriously regained the picture.

Attachments

• 1FFE15FF-6318-4AA5-922B-9011BF248DB1.png
    1FFE15FF-6318-4AA5-922B-9011BF248DB1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 305

Most reactions

Latest posts