What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couple of random questions--

jackblack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1.) is there anyway to add more memory for your iPad?

2.) is there any accessories to say plug a USB into? (for ex like a piece that plugs into the iPad and allows u to plug in a USB, or memory card/sd card?

THANKS!!

Sent from my iPad 2

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Simple answers:

1 - NO - there is no way a user can increase the internal memory of the iPad; if more memory is needed, you'll need to 'off load' data, music, movies, etc.

2 - NO - the CCK (camera connection kit) has a USB port for camera transfers only; but if you mean a USB plug-in for an external HD, then not available.

OP
jackblack

jackblack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so to remove items off the iPad for good, how do u go about doing that?

Sent from my iPad 2

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You press on the app until it's starts wiggling then an X will appear. Tap the X and that will delete the app.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
jackblack

jackblack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, but does this delete it for good? So it's gone forever?

Sent from my iPad 2

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Jackblack - only apps on the iPad that you have added can be deleted; the 'native' apps will 'jiggle' but not show a 'x' for deletion; note that all data associated w/ a deleted app will also be removed from the iPad.

Note that the apps are likely on your synced computer and could be added back to the iPad on a re-sync depending on 'how' you have the sync setup; of course, you can delete them from the computer also; if the deleted apps were purchased from Apple, you can usually download them again if you change your mind.

Removing music & movies (or other videos) from the iPad will let you recover the 'most' real estate regarding regaining memory on the device; to check on memory usage go into 'Settings' -> 'Usage' - just wait a few seconds and your installed programs plus their size will be listed.

If you have more specific needs, then please post what they may be - possibly more directed advise can be provided - good luck! :)

jerryew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but I think if you hook your ipad up to a pc and run Itunes, you can remove and save software (apps). You can also rearrange and layer them.
I shouldn't sound so sure of myself, only had an Ipad since Christmas.... with windows 7

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but I think if you hook your ipad up to a pc and run Itunes, you can remove and save software (apps). You can also rearrange and layer them.
I shouldn't sound so sure of myself, only had an Ipad since Christmas.... with windows 7

Hi Jerryew - welcome to the forum! :)

Obviously, you're new to the iPad and your comments are what we've been already talking about - plenty to learn and this site will help - :thumbs:

beccbabe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone help me my bf booked a holiday and his boss refused it its for June what can be done

Most reactions