What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could the Next iPad Come with Waterproof Features?

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
Lifedge-Waterproof-iPad-case-01.jpg

The 2014 Mobile World Congress from Barcelona has ended on the past week and new impressive smartphones and tablets have been announced at the conference. One of them was Sony’s Xperia Z2, which also happens to be among the slimmest tablets in the world. Sony also unveiled the waterproof Xperia Z2 smartphone from the same product family and has improved the protection against water infiltration on both its products.

If the waterproof feature previously belonged to rugged, resistant smartphones and tablets, it’s now slowly making its way to flagship handsets from important companies. Samsung also made the new Galaxy S5 waterproof. Thus, at the Mobile World Congress from Barcelona we’ve seen that consumers love waterproof devices and this trend is likely to pick up even more.

And this begs for a question - could Apple make the iPad waterproof? If Sony has managed to do it, it’s obvious that the technological know-how is within Apple’s reach. Of course, there aren’t too many scenarios when you’d want to use your iPad immersed into water, but it will be really awesome to know that it is protected against accidental water drops. Some iPad users will even want to test its water-protection features during a rain, as well. Or, perhaps you’ll fancy watching some sitcoms while taking a shower? What’s your opinion? Would you be interested in buying a waterproof iPad?

Source: Inquisitr

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nah, too small for a boogey board, need something bigger for our surf. Well, maybe for use in the shower...think of all the extra posts to be made....or for those who dribble their drink (extreme sarcasm).
Maybe for an iPhone needing to be answered in the rain, but an iPad? I can't see that happening.
Andrew

Sent from OZ using Tapatalk

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't see why? The waterproof thing is a neat sales pitch gimmick but I tend to use mine above water pretty much all the time. I don't get it.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't see a reason why it should have it. I always use my iPad above water. And I may have to pay more for it.

Most reactions