What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

could the login code be bypassed ?

Lucky Devil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi,

I've got the new ipad3, and wanted to know when i let my ipad behind ,
and someone try to open it by security code , and when this attempt is not succesfull.

can they acces ore bypass the ipad security and connect it to pc to break in .

is this simple to do or complicated.
because some friends told me be aware this is possible .

is there an other security level on Ipad3 possible to protect ?

greetzz

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No it cannot be bypassed.

If you want a more secure code than the 4 digit one, that can be enabled in settings, however if someone gets in its because they watched you enter your code or you used something easy to guess like your birthday or phone number...

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The 4 digit passcode on the original iPad1 can easily be bypassed with PC tools that are in the public domain which is probably what you friends have heard about. It is only possible for devices where there is a known bootrom exploit, so that is iPad1, iPhone4 and previous iPhones.

thewitt is correct that in your specific scenario, and for the iPad2 and iPad3 devices in general, it is not currently possible to bypass those passcodes by connecting it to a PC.

If you don't mind, I'll move this post into the Hacking Section proper as it does not belong in the tutorials section. Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts