What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could the iPad mean the end of rear entertainment systems?

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That ModulR case is the most durable and yet very functional case/adapter/stand/wallmount/shoulder strap I've seen anywhere yet.

I saw on these forums I think somewhere a gentleman said he was laid up in bed often and would like a case or holder style that could permit him to make use of the iPad with some type of adjustable stand that would hang over his bed or viewing area, but also be adjustable like an overhead desk lamp or work light.

With the right modifications or just adding the one metal backing like in the car photo to a desk lamp adjustable rod, might do the trick for him. I will have to locate him on here and be sure he see's this product. ;)

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think so, for one reason, the main demographic for those back seat entertainment systems are people with small children. Sorry but I'm not giving my 3 year old an ipad that costs 500+ dollars to hold onto in the back of the car. Not that I have a 3 year old, my kids are grown. But I wouldn't give it to my hypothetical 3 year old grandchild either.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am seriously thinking of seeing if I can tie a USB or iPad connector into my factory car stereo. If so, I have a dash storage tray that is about perfect for the iPad. I may even be able to do a flip up holder to use it as a GPS.

I have an aftermarket stereo that plays music from ipod and iphone via a built in USB port in the front. Tried connecting my ipad to it and it says, this is not a supported device. All it probably needs is a firmware upgrade to work.

Although I have no desire or need to listen to my music through my car stereo from device with a 10 inch screen. I do like the large screen for GPS but the audio turn by turn instructions are fine.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think so, for one reason, the main demographic for those back seat entertainment systems are people with small children. Sorry but I'm not giving my 3 year old an ipad that costs 500+ dollars to hold onto in the back of the car. Not that I have a 3 year old, my kids are grown. But I wouldn't give it to my hypothetical 3 year old grandchild either.

Considering what some of the back seat entertainment systems cost, not much of a price difference. A person can program the iPad and then hang it from the headrest if they do not want the kid to touch it. However, a child can often do better with computers than adults.

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just had a bright idea for this mount, hang my pad on my back - and the grandkids will follow me everywhere, never loose them while shopping in a mall ever again :)

Most reactions

Latest posts