What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

could recharging problem be caused by this cold weather?

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My apologies if this has already been covered but I am low on battery and so not much time to browse the forums to find a similar thread.

this last week my mini ipad (original model so fairly old now) has not recharged consistently and the last couple f days has not recharged at all despite me forking out £19 for a new apple charging lead and trying out all the usb plugs I can find in various outlet sockets as well as several small power banks!!

and today even my 2010 original ipad is not recharging!!

could it be the cold weather? I live in an old house with little heating in the room where I usually recharge my devices, so wonder if it is this or if the batteries in my oldish mini and my ancient original ipad have both decided to die at the same time?

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Likely not the cold weather. Make sure to try a new or known working cable and charging block. When the batteries get past their prime , they usually disgharge quicker but they still do take a charge.
Anecdotally, the first gen ipad mini has been known to have internal issues that can lead to it not taking a charge. This is due to Power IC Failure , sometimes caused by using knock off or off brand lightning cables and charge blocks.

Most reactions

Latest posts