What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

could not sign in facetime - new Ipad2

wareagle1999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Craig, new to this forum. I have a new IPad 2 I just bought. My wife and I both have iPhone 4. We always use the FaceTime, and I want to on this device also. When I attempt to log in to FaceTime on my iPad it gives me the error "could not sign in facetime ". I've tried everything I can think of. Anyone have this problem or know a solution? Thanks all

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Just checking, but are you using a different FaceTime address to your iPhone?

Last edited:
OP
W

wareagle1999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, actually I believe I'm signed in on my iPhone with the same email. Should I be creating a new user account for this iPad also, or is there somewhere I can add multiple items to the same acct? My wife's phone is on that account also, no problems there, I think it's because it has the phone numbers to link it, but obviously I don't have a phone number for this iPad, so I'm lost. Just figured once I signed in it would direct me on what to do from that point,k but I couldn't get past the sign in screen....

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
wareagle1999 said:
Hey, actually I believe I'm signed in on my iPhone with the same email. Should I be creating a new user account for this iPad also, or is there somewhere I can add multiple items to the same acct? My wife's phone is on that account also, no problems there, I think it's because it has the phone numbers to link it, but obviously I don't have a phone number for this iPad, so I'm lost. Just figured once I signed in it would direct me on what to do from that point,k but I couldn't get past the sign in screen....

You need to use different email address for each device for FaceTime to work

For example

wytey.co.uk is my domain

[email protected] for iPad, [email protected] for iPhone FaceTime will work

[email protected] for iPad, [email protected] for iPhone will not work

Hope that helps

Last edited:
OP
W

wareagle1999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, but no luck. I actually tried that yesterday and even tried a new one just now, still didn't work.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
wareagle1999 said:
Thanks for the suggestion, but no luck. I actually tried that yesterday and even tried a new one just now, still didn't work.

If you have a apple store near by, let the apple store.... Um forgot what they call themselves.... Genius bar? Set it up for you

OP
W

wareagle1999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wytey said:
If you have a apple store near by, let the apple store.... Um forgot what they call themselves.... Genius bar? Set it up for you

No such luck, closest one is like 2 hrs away, oh well I'll figure it out eventually
Thanks!

OP
W

wareagle1999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, tried that unfortunately. I was looking on the net and there was a post, seemed to suggest that possibly has something to do with my wifi. Have no problems with anything else though.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would make sure you are logged out completely on your phone like stated above through the settings/facetime.

Most reactions

Latest posts