1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Could i have a virus

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by jhood2323, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jhood2323

jhood2323 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It seems after the 4.3.2 update my iPad 1 has been crashing left and right. Is there anyway to down grade back to 4.3.1?
  2. autumnbaby

autumnbaby iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have you tried turning the iPad off after upgrading it?

My iPad was acting funny after the 4.3 update but after I tuned it off all the way and let it sit for a couple of minutes before turning back on, it has been just fine.
  3. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +630 / 0
    Sorry to hear you are having problems. I'm certain it is not a virus though, so don't worry.

Sometimes the upgrade process can go wrong. I know it is a pain, but a restore and then re-sync often fixes it. The first thing you might try is reseting your network settings. This is one area that can cause upgrade woes quite often. To reset the network settings, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

You will have to re-enter any wi-fi credentials after you do this. Many users have reported this solves their instability after an update.

If that fails, I would suggest a full restore again.

You asked about a downgrade. This is possible, but you need to have been well prepared by saving SHSH Blobs for 4.3.1 (which are no longer available) - See the sticky in my sig for more details on the subject if you are interested. Unfortunately there is no other way to downgrade, so without them you are stuck on the latest firmware (4.3.2)

Hope that helps.
  4. snoitan

snoitan iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You don't have a virus. Only way you'll run into problems like that is if you jailbreak, and even then I'm not sure a true virus is possible on an iPad. Its possible you can run into malware if you jailbreak and download from Cydia.

First thing to try is always to reboot the device. (This works on PC, Mac, iPad, iPod, iPhone, etc.) Cures more problems than any other troubleshooting tip.

After that, try f4780y's instructions. Worst comes to worst, full restore should do the trick. Doesn't take that long either.
  5. Pingles

Pingles iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Double-click your home button to see what's running in the background.

Perhaps it's just a certain app that is crashing you which does not play well in the background.