What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could Apple Be Planning Surprise LTE iPad 3 Launch in time for Christmas?

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_2_official.JPG

The Wall Street Journal’s MarketBeat blog today runs with the surprise prediction of Asia-based research outfit CLSA that Apple is planning to launch an LTE iPad 3 before the end of the year, just in time for Christmas, to be exact. CLSA even goes so far as to say that the iPad 3 will have an improved display and LTE capabilities. Conversely, they say not to expect an LTE iPhone at all in 2011, however. Could it be that Apple feels it has to rush out an LTE iPad 3 to counter the threat of Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 10.1, which has 4G LTE courtesy of Verizon? The idea of an iPad 3 coming out before the end of the year is not completely out of the blue, as some analysts were talking about the possibility a while back, but that chatter has gone very quiet in recent months, so its hard to know what to believe. As ever, watch this space!

Source: Apple iPad3 -- Coming Before Christmas? - MarketBeat - WSJ via LTE iPad 3 coming for the holidays? | 9 to 5 Mac

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Boy that would piss off a lot of iPad2 owners. I'd laugh.

Rickster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why would this piss off iPad 2 owners? I laugh at you because you probably have an original iPad. But seriously, how many 3G iPads are sold compared to wi-fi only. And if I wanted to have an iPad that can get online outside of wi-fi hotspots, then I would instead use my iPhone as a personal hotspot instead. No, users of the iPad 2 love their device because it is super thin and fast. An LTE device at Christmas would not sour our experience. Also, it's not going to happen, that is not the Apple way.

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rickster said:
Why would this piss off iPad 2 owners? I laugh at you because you probably have an original iPad. But seriously, how many 3G iPads are sold compared to wi-fi only. And if I wanted to have an iPad that can get online outside of wi-fi hotspots, then I would instead use my iPhone as a personal hotspot instead. No, users of the iPad 2 love their device because it is super thin and fast. An LTE device at Christmas would not sour our experience. Also, it's not going to happen, that is not the Apple way.

Agreed. I am very happy with my iPad 2. No need for an iPad 3 or 4 for that matter. I've never been an early adopter, and that won't change any time soon. I scored the 64 GB, wifi/3G version to give me lots of capacity and the ability to log in when no wifi around. I rarely use 3G anyhow. Work is paying for my plan. :)

otacon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why would it piss me off being a iPad2 wifi owner? I don't WANT any tablet with a built in radio because I'm not signing another damn contract with Verizon. I'm waiting for the Droid Bionic to drop with an LTE hotspot. I used my iPad with my friend's Thunderbolt in Boston today it was amazing. Just like I was connected to my home network.

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the iPad1.
Bought the iPad2 on launch day.
They come out with a new one that varies from the 2 the way the 2 varies from the one and guess what, I'll be there on launch day again.
Not mad but instead, happy with anticipation.:D

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure what LTE would offer me. Are we talking about just speed?

I found iPad 1's speed fine, and iPad 2 almost too fast, because I'll accidentally hit pages and they switch before I can stop 'em, lol. At this point, I can't think of any other upgrades that I need. But heck, I can always afford a new one if something great comes along, and I'm sure there'd be takers if I wanted to hand down one of my iPads, lol.

bluvision

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually is there any slight improvement on ipad3 compared with ipad2? I m using ipad1 and all apps are working fine on this device. What i was surprised is how come ipad3 comes out really fast..

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It sounds a bit rushed but credible by Christmas. I skipped the iPad 1 although it turned out to be a masterpiece of sorts, and am planning to skip the iPad 3. I will reconsider when we get to the 4. :)

bluvision

iPF Noob
Reaction score
info said:
It sounds a bit rushed but credible by Christmas. I skipped the iPad 1 although it turned out to be a masterpiece of sorts, and am planning to skip the iPad 3. I will reconsider when we get to the 4. :)

Wow it seems ipad4 is gonna have overkill specs

Most reactions

Latest posts