What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Costs of Magazines

Status
Not open for further replies.

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I_luv_Apple said:
Does anyone else have a problem with the costs of subscriptions to magazines and newspapers? I think it's unfair that iPad users have to pay more for magazines on the iPad in comparison to the hard copies and we do not have the same discounts available. For example OK magazine in the shops are 99p but to download editions £1.49!! I'm really disappointed given that there's no extra content and in most cases less content as the paper versions often have extra free magazines inside. I'm refusing to subscribe until the prices are lowered :(.

I have noticed too that magazines and ebooks cost about the same, and sometimes more than the paper versions.
I think it's crazy. In most cases I just won't buy them. You would think they would be cheaper.

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't mean to sound uncivil but I admit I didn't appreciate my view point called a crazy excuse .. It not an excuse it's a valid opinion.

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I accept your opinion just fine and would appreciate the same thanks. It differs but it doesn't make either less valid.

OP
I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've emailed the publishers of the magazines who have agreed to review the costs of subscriptions. Great news. In the meantime can anyone recommend some great free magazines?

OP
I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Patrizia_NC said:
I didn't mean to sound uncivil but I admit I didn't appreciate my view point called a crazy excuse .. It not an excuse it's a valid opinion.

........it's boring now. Let's move on.

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Honestly I appreciate your view point but being dismissive is not necessary... Wow. I am trying to be polite here and am glad you are getting results on this issue for your efforts but please consider being respectful of other viewpoints perhaps in the form of acknowledgement or even thoughtful debate.

OP
I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Patrizia_NC said:
Honestly I appreciate your view point but being dismissive is not necessary... Wow. I am trying to be polite here and am glad you are getting results on this issue for your efforts but please consider being respectful of other viewpoints perhaps in the form of acknowledgement or even thoughtful debate.

You have sabotaged what was a perfectly valid thread by trying to be forceful with your Opinion of which no one has questioned. The moderator asked for us to move on and thought we had yet still more personal posts to the point I have now unsubscribed to a thread I started.I do not wish to continue what is a pointless debate and has no bearing on the original thread.

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Patrizia_NC said:

No, I was not saying your view point was crazy, I was referring to the cost for the magazines and ebooks.

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Then I apologize for misunderstanding. I can't see your profile on my phone but I'm wondering where you are? I'm looking at some of my US subscriptions and they don't appear to be higher and in most cases cheaper. Can I ask which ones you are looking at. I would love to compare them on my app

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This thread has lost it path. I think we should just close it with the realization that magazines are struggling with dealing with two totally separate mediums. If they do not remain profitable, they die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts