What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corrupt Microsoft Office Outlook and Multiple versions

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I get a message that I have Multiple Outlook versions installed.

Outlook is not usually my mail choice (I use Windows Live Mail)

How do I find where the Multiple Outlook versions are installed.

Here is the message

If I do a search for Outlook - I get the following message

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. MAP132.DLL is corrupt or the wrong version. This could have been caused by installing other messaging software. Please reinstall Outlook.
Capture.jpg

I have been using Windows LM for several years, tho I do have lots of emails on Outlook I'd like to keep.

This has come about by trying to get icloud working between desktop (Win 7) and mini iPad (retina)

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello! Welcome to iPF!

I suspect that you have multiple versions of Microsoft Office(version including Outlook) installed on your PC. If this is true, you need to remove one version of Microsoft Office, or at least Outlook. So go ahead and uninstall the older version of Outlook. You will see the problem still persists.

Now following the directory : "c:\program files (x86)\ Microsoft Office\ Office14" you will see there is an executable file "outlook.exe". Change the name to anything else like "outlook1.exe". This should solve your problem.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

OP
joodyanne

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I sort of did what you told me to do - I just hope I haven't lost all older emails.
The problem now is that only Outlook 2007 and later for icloud mail can be used not Outlook 2003
Apart from the fact that I need to use Publisher in 2003 (and dont like Office 2010 - dont think it has publisher anyway) - I do not have a icloud address - just hotmail so ............... ?

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I sort of did what you told me to do - I just hope I haven't lost all older emails. The problem now is that only Outlook 2007 and later for icloud mail can be used not Outlook 2003 Apart from the fact that I need to use Publisher in 2003 (and dont like Office 2010 - dont think it has publisher anyway) - I do not have a icloud address - just hotmail so ............... ?

You do not need iCloud email account to back up to iCloud. Any email account will do. I have it set up with yahoo!.

Most reactions

Latest posts