What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Correct way of using my smart cover

deonholt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there and thank you so long for your help.

I have had my iPAD 2 with Smart Cover for almost 10 days now and I am loving it.
By default, the iPad Cover Lock/Unlock is switched on. I have noticed that when I want to use my iPAD and fold the cover to the back that it puts my iPAD on sleep. Interestingly enough this does not happen with my brother with exactly the same pad and cover.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you.
Deon

Reaction score
The smartcover shouldn't put the iPad to sleep, when it is folded to the back.

Either the iPad back isn't shielded properly, or the SmartCover magnet is too strong. Does the second SmartCover also put your iPad to sleep? If so, you could get a replacement iPad from Apple, or if it only occurs with your SmartCover, then get the SmartCover replaced. The smartcover just shouldn't put the iPad to sleep, when it is folded back.

OP
D

deonholt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
The smartcover shouldn't put the iPad to sleep, when it is folded to the back.

Either the iPad back isn't shielded properly, or the SmartCover magnet is too strong. Does the second SmartCover also put your iPad to sleep? If so, you could get a replacement iPad from Apple, or if it only occurs with your SmartCover, then get the SmartCover replaced. The smartcover just shouldn't put the iPad to sleep, when it is folded back.

Hi and thank you very much for your reply. I will go back and ask to change my cover. I will also test tomorrow with the other cover.

Thank you once again.

Deon

Reaction score
deonholt said:
Hi and thank you very much for your reply. I will go back and ask to change my cover. I will also test tomorrow with the other cover.

Thank you once again.

Deon

It would probably make sense to try the other cover first, to check whether it is the iPad or cover which needs replacing. Rather then getting the cover replaced and then test, if it actually was the cover.

But I am sure, if you just go to the AppleStore, they can test, which one is causing your iPad's sleepiness.

mikefromnj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a cover that I purchased from Brookstone that does the same thing. It is frustrating because other than that it is a great cover.

Most reactions