What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copying photos from Windows 7 laptop to iPad Air

Reaction score
Hi folks. My mum has Altzheimer's and I have been working on a memory book for her. Basically this is a collection of hundreds of photos starting from mum's life before I was born right up to the present day. I had all this done on my laptop and I then copied it across onto my iPad Air as it's handier to use with mum. The problem is all the photos which basically ran from A to Z are now mixed up so totally out of context on the iPad Air and no use for what we are trying to do. Is there any way of copying this folder of photos across from the laptop onto the iPad Air whilst keeping them in the same order?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello GIL - welcome to the forum! :) Please provide some more information: 1) What Windows program are you using to create this project; 2) How are you transferring to your iPad Air; and 3) Are the images going into the Camera Roll on the iPad? Answers to these questions will help w/ recommendations. Dave

OP
G
Reaction score
I'm using Windows 7 on a Sony Vaio laptop. Transferring in the only way I can through iTunes Sync. No the images are going into the photo folder on the iPad in their own folder. Hope this helps.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're using OneDrive, or similar online storage (Dropbox, Google Photos, ...), try transferring the images to it on your laptop, install the app on the iPad, and let her access the images that way.

OP
G
Reaction score
I don't use any form of online storage and never will. Personally I think it's a stupid idea. My files stay secure on my computers.

OP
G
Reaction score
That looks more like it. I'll have a read through this tomorrow and see if it will do the trick. Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Metapho app lets you change the creation date and location of a photo on the iPad. It's a lot of work, since you have to do it one photo at a time, but it would change the display order of the Photo Library. I also allows you to use the location modes in Photos for those photos you know where they were taken.

Hold in mind this does not work with photos imported using iTunes. You have to import them more directly into the photos app, not as an album through iTunes.

OP
G
Reaction score
The Metapho app lets you change the creation date and location of a photo on the iPad. It's a lot of work, since you have to do it one photo at a time, but it would change the display order of the Photo Library. I also allows you to use the location modes in Photos for those photos you know where they were taken.

Hold in mind this does not work with photos imported using iTunes. You have to import them more directly into the photos app, not as an album through iTunes.

I wouldn't have the time to do every photo in this way unfortunately. Thanks anyway.

Most reactions

Latest posts