What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copying from the net into pages

Dibble

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Morning,

Can anybody tell me if I can copy a document from the net (or any document in fact) that has text, pictures and drawings in the same document. ie I'm trying to copy a golf instructional document from the net with all three included but when using the copy feature it only pastes the text onto a new pages doument..

Help? :)

tks,
Dibble

arttext

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make a screenshot (home and powerbutton together) and put the shots together with a photo edit app or prg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Evernote may work. It clips most content from pages when you save them.

You'll need an Evernote account. The basic account is free.. The app, also free. And to install a special javascript bookmark in Safari. Unless you use your computer for the clipping, it does work better there. Clipping from Safari on the iPad is kind of slow. iCab Mobile (a third party browser) has Evernote clipping service built in, but it isn't any faster.

How to use Evernote in Mobile Safari
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/19911-evernote-web-clipper-installation.html

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Alternatively, you might want to download the Rules of Golf from the App Store. It's free, very easy to use and informative. It is also universal, covering the rules as endorsed by the R&A and the USGA.

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can also convert the web pages to pdf via the url2pdf app and download it to your ipad's various apps.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Oh yes, I forgot about this service. Create a bookmark from any site and put it in your Bookmark Bar,, then edit it. Give it a name like Make PDF, and replace the URL with the following javascript.

Code:
javascript:pdf_url=location.href;location.href='http://pdfmyurl.com?url='+escape(pdf_url)

When you want to save a page you are viewing tap the bookmark. It will convert the page to PDF and display it in Safari. Tap in the center of the page and use the Open In option to copy it to another compatible app for later reading.

Edit: Darn, I can't seem to use the Code tag to preserve the link in the iPF app. Give me a few minutes and I'll fix it on the computer.

Second Edit: Hm, looks good on the computer, but not the app. You'll probably have to visit the forum using a browser to copy and paste the script.

BTW, this script uses free PDFmyURL service. I wish I remembered who posted this trick first, so I could give credit.

Ah, there's the original thread. It was Tim, of course. :D
http://www.ipadforums.net/uk-ipad-general-discussions/32146-ipad2-printing-webpages.html#post229980

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts