What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copying from a PDF to word doc

becks982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to copy a PDF File into "pages" or similar word application
Thx
Becks

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you have saved your pdf to Goodreaders you csn copy to Dropbox and then open it from Dropbox to Office HD. Not sure if this is what you want though. Where is the pdf document? If you are reading it on the web, you cwn type gr in front of the URL nd it Eill dl to Goodreader where you can move via Dropbox to a numberr of apps. Not Pwges though since it has ME integrated but not Dropbox. I beoieve Docs to Go also has Dropbox integrated.

OP
B

becks982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks diane b,
I have downloaded to PDF Pro but can't get it to copy to send to PAGES the word app I paid for.

I have got docs to go on my I phone but not on I.pad.
Is the app you use a paid for app? The only reason I say this is because I don't want to pay for apps that won't work.

Thanks

Becks

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tested PDFs in Good Reader and iBooks. I was able to copy text from a PDF in Good Reader and paste into Pages. I was not able to do so from a PDF in iBooks. It's not Pages that prevents this.

Remember that it's possible to create a PDF that prevents copying...

What are you opening the PDF with?

OP
B

becks982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi USBILL,
I have loaded PDF pro reader, Goodreader, Pages, docs to go,docReader and maybe one more. I have even phoned Apple and they are getting there business techs to take a look as no-one at the store knew how to convert a PDF into a word doc for editing etc.

Any help you can give wil be appreciated.

regards

becks

Croline

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you need Advanced PDF Converter as it is very good at preserving the formatting, with text content, page layouts, images,and text hyperlinks preserved.It also allow us to convert a lot files at the same time. I am now using it.

Most reactions

Latest posts