Copying/ Backing up photos

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Mattj82, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Mattj82

Mattj82 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi All

Firstly thanks for this amazing forum! I am a new convert to Apple, never even owned an iPod and now I have an iPhone 4s and iPad 2, and love both. I've tried looking around here and Google... but I've not had much luck!

I was going to post in the iCloud forum but not really sure if iCloud I'd what I need

What I want to be able to do is copy photos (in both RAW and JPG format) from my digital camera's SD card to my iPad, using the adapter I have already got.

Then I want to be able to upload these photos to the cloud (iCloud?) and delete them from my iPad to save space... I am hoping I would then be able to access these photos from my windows PC at home.

As I said I'm new to apple so this may be very straight forward... but any help or advice would be appreciated.

Matt

2. hpulmer

hpulmer iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    Hi the,
    I don't know if this works with iCloud, but another way would be to iZip the photos and load them up to an online storage server - this works fine for me with the photos I import.
    As far as I know iCloud also deletes the pics when you do so on your precious device.