What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copying and pasting pictures

tony61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cannot succeed in copying and pasting images /pictures. All I succeed to past into notes or other applications is the web link (address) to that image.
From the camera roll ... Not even that
What am I doing wrong ?
Thanks

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What are you trying to paste into? I don't think you can paste to websites like this one, for example. I can't paste into this little box I'm typing this message in.

OP
T

tony61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am simoly trying to past in the notes application which comes with the ipad. When I past a picture I believe I have copied from the web, the only thing that get pasted is the internet address where I found the pic !

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The notes application is for text only. If you want to save the picture, hold down on it for a bit and when the context menu comes up select save to Camera Roll. Then you can view the picture from the Photos app.

OP
T

tony61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see, right. i just did it on the camera roll as you said. But so, any suggestion for an app for composing a document with my own text plus pictures copied from the web ?

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pages by Apple would be a good choice. Evernote seems to be popular as well.

OP
T

tony61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying evernote, but the problem is still the same ! If I copy a picture on the web, when I paste it, what get pasted is only the internet address of the picture , not the pciture. And I did as you said.
LOST

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If memory serves Evernote only pastes from your Photo library.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like to use Pages also to copy and paste from the web. Another good app I use is Noteability. It uses shapes, arrows, uploads pics, can send to other apps, etc.

See below:

image-906213020.jpg

OP
T

tony61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, it's different. If the picture is actually a link to anothee website I can save it in the camera roll and then use it in evernote.
Id the picture does not lead anywhere, then I can copy and paste it immeditely without intermediary steps.
Thanks !

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could do a screen save of the web page then crop it down to just the picture you want to use. Save the picture in your camera roll and use it as before.

Sent using my iPad 2

Most reactions

Latest posts