What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copying and pasting photos on ipad.

tsmrg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If i press and hold on a photo, "copy", pops up but i dont know how to paste the photo on to another album or any other location. Anybody who knows how it works please help me. Thanks,

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Tsmrg - I would first suggest that you provide a little more information concerning your needs, there are many iterations on manipulating photos on the iPad, to/from a computer, and into the cloud (or all?). Are you trying to copy & paste w/i a web browser, are you in a photo app on the iPad, are you trying to email a photo? Might be useful if you can innumerate your needs.

Also, this topic has received overwhelming attention on the forum, so tried out the search functions - your question(s) have likely been answered already - good luck! Dave :)

OP
T

tsmrg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, let me try to put it in other words, sory for my poor english. If i open a photo on my ipad, press and hold on it, there is a "copy", that pops up. How can that copy be used, can i copy and paste the photo within the ipad albums. I have no problems in syncing photos from my pc to the ipad but i am asking how that poping "copy", can be used. You can press and hold a photo on your ipad may be you can see what i am talking about. May be i have made it more complicated.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you "copy" an image in the manner you discuss, you can then paste the image into an email or other compatible app.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you "copy" an image in the manner you discuss, you can then paste the image into an email or other compatible app.

As suggested above, the 'copied' image can be pasted into the native Mail app of the iPad (won't work if your mail account is open in a web browser, such as Safari), and not sure w/i the Photo App or other apps, so the word 'compatible' seems to be fairly limited regarding the use of this function on the iPad.

In the native Photo App, the usual way of manipulating an image is the tap the small box in the right upper corner w/ an outgoing arrow, which will open up a menu box w/ LOTS of options, especially w/ the new iOS. Not sure these responses answer your question(s), but keep them coming if still having an issue - good luck!

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just touch a picture and hold it until the magnifying glass comes out. Let go and the picture will be highlighted plus also have two pull bars on both ends. You can then simply tap the "Copy" bubble that comes out or drag the handles to highlight more words.
After selection, double tap on a search box to make the "paste" command appear. Tap once on the location you want to paste onto and the keyboard will come out. Now touch and hold on the cursor and the "Paste" icon comes out doing this without the keyboard out just brings up the "Select" and "Select All" command.

I don't think that is right regarding pictures. I believe it is correct regarding text, like in replying to a thread and just selecting a portion of the text to Copy and then Paste.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions