What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copy & Paste From Safari

Tom March

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't seem to copy & paste from Safari anymore. I would have sworn I used to be able to do it but not now.

I want to copy from a web site and pars into Notebook.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Tom - my first step would be to 'force close' Safari, i.e. open the multi-task bar - double tap the home button (or use multi-fingering gesturing and swipe up); find the Safari icon in the bottom bar; press & hold until all jiggle - then hit the red minus sign on the offending icon; return to the home screen and re-start Safari to see if the function(s) desired return; if not, please post back. Good luck - Dave :)

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tom March said:
Voila!! Works.

Amazing how many programs are "open"!!

Thank you.

Thanks for posting back that you got your problem resolved.

To TheOB, you should take credit too for your postings and comments in the Forum. I am glad you are both members of this forum.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Voila!! Works.

Amazing how many programs are "open"!!

Just for clarification, not all the apps in the multitask bar are open. The multitask bar is a never ending list of every app you've opened. While the most recent are probably still in RAM (up to about 20 moderate sized apps on the 3rd gen iPad, fewer on earlier models) most of them will not be running. The iPad will automatically remove apps from RAM as it needs space.

Some apps like GPS navigation and music apps may have some background tasks running. There are only a few types and methods of backgrounding that Apple allows.

The iPad will automatically remove apps from RAM as it needs space.

For the most part this works. Sometimes an app starts having problems. Then it is a good idea to remove it from RAM, as described here. That forces it to start clean the next time you open it. Other times the entire OS starts having problems, for whatever reason. Then you need to restart or reset the iPad. Either of these closes all apps.

However, the only non-jailbreak way to remove apps from the multitask bar/list itself is to do so manually, one at a time. Otherwise, they stay there forever, once you've opened them; the most recently opened first.

Last edited:

Most reactions