What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copy or Sync pdf inside ibooks between ipad and iphone

upperscore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a number of pdf files that are in ibooks (each of them were emailed to myself and opened in ibooks). I want the same files to show in my iPhone's ibook too. Have tried and tied many suggested methods but nothing works. Can someone give me a few options without having to purchase an app (unless it is under $5)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The only method I know of involves importing all the PDF books onto iTunes on a computer, then syncing both the devices with that computer. If you need PDFs synced between your iPhone and iPad you would probably be better off with a third party solution.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With PDFs I place in iBooks, I have the option to email them directly from iBooks. You could do that to send them to your iPhone via your email.
image.jpeg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Can you explain the procedure step by step please including any third party software that you use.

The thing is, I don't much bother syncing iBooks between my devices any more. I do almost all my book reading on the iPad, so I only copy the occasional book to the iPhone, and the majority of those are from the iBook Store. But here is Apple's support page on using iTunes to read and sync non-iBooks books through iTunes. If you have specific questions I might be able to help.

Use iBooks with PDF documents on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

For those few PDF files I do want on both devices I use PDF Expert. It's overkill as a PDF reader, but you can sync the PDF files using iCloud Drive, DropBox, Box, and a few other cloud services. There are lots of good PDF reader/annotaion apps out there. Most of them will sync with one or more cloud services. Documents by the same developer as PDF Expert is probably the better choice as a reading app, and it handles more file formats.

Most reactions

Latest posts