What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copy @me.com address book to Outook 2011 on Win 7PC

Gorilaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just set up my laptop for my @me.com email. I am struggling with importing my apple address book contacts into Outlook 2011. I have searched and can only find the way of transferring contacts from the apple contacts into Office 2011 for Mac. Any advice would be most welcome, the thought of transferring 200+ contacts manually does not appeal to me. Many thanks in advance.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, assuming you've got your contacts in iCloud currently, you can go to icloud.com in a computer browser. Select the Contacts app. Click the gear icon at the lower left and choose Select All. Choose it again and chose Export vCard.

You should be able to import the file it creates into Outlook.

Alternately, it might be possible to sync Outlook with iCloud contacts. I'm not sure, since I don't have that app. Somewhere in Outlook's preferences should be account setups for contacts. Try using your iCloud/Apple ID there.

OP
G

Gorilaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
many thanks tewrppoet, option 1 worked fine. Now I am going to try and sync my apple email account with Outlook.

OP
G

Gorilaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry twerppoet I spoke to soon. I have done exaclty what you said, select all then export as a vcard. Problem is only the first vcard is exported. I have tried 3 times so I must be doing something wrong any additional advice?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry twerppoet I spoke to soon. I have done exaclty what you said, select all then export as a vcard. Problem is only the first vcard is exported. I have tried 3 times so I must be doing something wrong any additional advice?

When I do this the card will appear to be just one address, but it is really a stack. The file name will be something like "John Smith and 84 others.vfc"

Are you only getting a single address when importing to Outlook?

I've have not tried this with a recent version of Outlook, but it has worked when importing to Contacts and Google Contacts.

OP
G

Gorilaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get John Smith + others etc but Outlook just imports the first contact in the list. The file size is only small so I am assuming that icloud only exports the first file.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The files are usually pretty small. It takes less than a KB to store one address. It's just a bit of text, after all. (unless a photo is associated). The one I created has 184 contacts and is only 77KB. Use that as a comparison.

I tested this file by importing it into my GMail Contacts, which was mostly empty. It worked fine.

A thought. Before you choose Select All, click on the red ribbon so that you can see the Groups page to the left. Make sure you have All Contacts selected, and try again.

Most reactions