What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copy and paste

ellasnan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my ipad but something that drives me mad is that if I leave my finger on a little too long it comes up with 'copy' Is there a way I can disable this? And if I did 'copy and paste' where would I copy to?

Sadie

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no, there is no way to prevent that pop-up from appearing. Sorry.

And, if you decide to copy, it goes to the iPad's temporary clip board so you can paste it anywhere - e-mail, a web search bar, a word processing document, etc. The copy clipboard retains the information and will function in virtually any app you have (that has a text input spot).

Hope that clarifies.

Marilyn

christanton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used to be able to copy and paste things to my notes. Now I can no longer do that plus all the notes I had are gone! Any ideas anyone???? Thanks!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love my ipad but something that drives me mad is that if I leave my finger on a little too long it comes up with 'copy' Is there a way I can disable this? And if I did 'copy and paste' where would I copy to?

Sadie

It will go to whatever place you have positioned the cursor after leave your finger a little too long again. :)

With practice, you get used to how long this takes. I never invoke the copy and paste by accident unless I'm falling asleep at the iPad, which I do sometimes. :)

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i personally hate copy and paste on iPad,i always do it on my MacBook Pro,it's a doddle on there.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i personally hate copy and paste on iPad,i always do it on my MacBook Pro,it's a doddle on there.

It could be smoother. I wish they could somehow add simulated right mouse click functionality or something. That'd be cool!

Most reactions