What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copy and Paste

jack1953.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how to copy and paste in IPad 2. Is there a help section in the IPad 2 somewhere?
Thanks,
Jack

Raceguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how to copy and paste in IPad 2. Is there a help section in the IPad 2 somewhere?
Thanks,
Jack

Tap and hold the screen and you get an option to cut, copy or paste.

Ed

electron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a bit of trouble with this one too but once you figure it out it's easy.

The text that you want to copy - TOUCH and LEAVE/HOLD your finger anywhere on the text without lifting it up. Initially a bubble will appear showing enlarged words where you finger is touching. When that bubble appears, take your finger off. A pop up will appear showing "SELECT/SELECT ALL". If you choose "select al"l the entire sentence/row of words will be selected. If you choose 'select', only THAT ONE word will be selected. After you tap on your choice, another pop up will appear with the option to "Cut/Copy". Choose 'Copy'.

Now go to whatever other app or web page you want. Do the same thing on the area where you want to paste your copied text ie touch and hold. The bubble will appear if there is already text where you are touching. If not you will be presented directly with "cut/copy/paste". Notice this time there is the "paste" option. Choose "paste" and voila! Your copied text magically appears.

I had no end of trouble cos i kept tapping things over and over and nothing happened. The trick is to touch and HOLD you finger until the bubble appears.

Most reactions

Latest posts