What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copy and paste issues since updating to 8.0

Mooselover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Before I updated everything was fine. Now I am having problems copying and especially pasting on my IPad Air.
Any suggestions?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

iOS 8.1 was released in October, and it seems to have fixed the copy/paste problem for many iPad users. So I'd suggest updating to the latest software and reset the iPad afterwards. To reset, press Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release both and let the iPad power up on it's own.

Hope that helps.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have same problem, i am updating to 8.0 and I am having problems copying on my IPad Air.
There's not really a solution for this problem. You could try the usual fixes (resetting with Home and Power button, restarting the iPad and force closing apps).
In any case send feedback to Apple so that they can work on a solution for the problem: https://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

alicepattinson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
that released 8.0 update has too much bugs. I will stay on my current version till they fix all bugs. :(

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
that released 8.0 update has too much bugs. I will stay on my current version till they fix all bugs. :(
You really mean you have read, here or elsewhere, that the "released 8.0 update" has too many bugs.
But you won't really know, will you, if your iPad is going to have all those "many bugs" until you actually update and start using it with the upgraded software? Which incidentally is now 8.1 and was issued to fix a number of bugs experienced under 8.0.
I'm using 8.1 on my Air2 and am finding very few problems (occasional WiFi drop-offs and typing/keyboard glitches) which I expect should be improved by 8.1.1.
I'm confident there are millions out there, compared to the relatively few people posting about a problem, whose tablets run pretty sweetly. When I updated my iPad3 it ran just as well as my Air2 does now.
Why not just have a go and upgrade to the latest software 8.1? And then you will know for sure! And after upgrading if you have any problems don't hesitate to rely on a number of experienced members here to assist with your problem. Why miss out on the latest stuff Apple designed for your tablet? :)
Andrew

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm one who wished they hadnt update, I cant cut and paste either.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Everyone should download and install the latest iOS which is 8.1.1. Most reports indicate that many of these little annoyances we are all seeing are taken care of and working better. Give it a go.

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I upgraded via iTunes. Do you advise I do a Restore anyway?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I upgraded via iTunes. Do you advise I do a Restore anyway?
No, if you updated via iTunes, restoring it shouldn't be necessary.

What you should do after updating is to reset and restart it, then let the software "settle in". It needs some time. In my case, the copy issue disappeared not right after installing the update, but one day later.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could you describe your problems? Perhaps there are some fixes other than restoring for them.

Most reactions

Latest posts