What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cool iPad Mini Aluminium Keboard

jenny1986

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone used this Aluminium Keboard for your iPad Mini ? i just want to get one for my ipad mini, it looks good and cool. But i am sure if it's useful..

Check here: MODERATOR EDIT: external link removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

imember

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is only one thing that would keep me away from that keyboard....it will only run for 55 hours before it needs recharging. You would be recharging it ALL the time. I have heavily researched keyboards because like you, I want a small one for my Mini. But here is my conclusion:

I will only use a keyboard that uses the small AA or AAA batteries and NOT the USB recharging. Why? Because I have an Apple keyboard for my iPad 2 and it worked for 8 months...8 MONTHS before it needed new batteries and I used it a lot every single day. And another advantage of the Apple keyboard is that it NEVER needs to be turned on and off. You just turn it on and leave it on....for 8 months. I so badly wish that Apple made the same keyboard but smaller for the mini.

But....because I can't use my Apple keyboard for both my iPad 2 and my Mini (would have to pair and unpair it all the time) I've decided to just get another Apple keyboard. It's actually not large and it's very thin, so it fits very well against the back wall of my purse. So I'll just buy another Apple keyboard til someone nice makes one just as good that's small. Hope this helps.

TwinsisterWendy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know, the logitech slimcover keyboard has a battery life of 6 months after recharging, on an average use of 2 hours a day. They will cost you a bit more but I absolutely love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MiniOracle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Logitech keyboard for my Mini and I hate it! Why? Because when its closed as a cover it makes the mini too heavy, and when its mounted for keyboard use, my knuckles tap the screen no matter how carefully I try to type, and often causes the screen to respond to the touch, moving to what ever I touched on the screen often losing what I just typed. In short it stinks as a keyboard and a cover.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

TwinsisterWendy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have fairly small hands and that may have happened to me once or twice. I quickly learned not to do that. As for the weight: It's not like it makes the whole thing too heavy to lift, i'venever really understood why people make such an issue out of that. I zip the pad with the keyboard attached into a sleeve, and that makes it easy to take with me, fits in my purse and I've never felt like it was too heavy. I love it, you say it stinks... all just a matter of opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MiniOracle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree the weight isn't horrible but for me I just don't like the feel of it at all. As to being careful not to bump the screen, believe me I worked hard at being as careful asI could be, but it happened all too many times for me. Plus I don't like the fact that you just can't open the cover and fold the keyboard away behind the iPaf like you would be able to do with a normal case or cover. If I want to just take a quick look at say my calendar, its awkward to do. Also removing the iPad from the cover modded and dropping it into the holding slot is also clumsy. There are very nice easy to use keyboard/ cover combinations tat work exactly like the cover, and will allow the iPad just to be propped up like a monitor to use the keyboard - they are far nicer in my opinion and some are less expensive, but I wasn't aware of them when I bought this keyboard. Sorry I did.

MiniOracle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A minor point on this whole thing. Of course it's just my opinion, everything posted here is somebodies opinion. Having an opinion and expressing it is what forums like this are for. I am quite happy that other folks like the keyboard and that they have said so here. What we say here merely gives everyone a variety of perspectives that can serve to help them make a selection or maybe serve as a place to express their satisfaction or dissatisfaction with what they have. Nothing any of us post here is the definitive evaluation of the item.

Most reactions