What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Converting my Palm Desktop Contacts to iPad2

BigBlue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a holdover from my Palm Pilot days I've got Palm Desktop by Access on my Windows 7 PC as my address book even though I have long since discarded my PDA. This is the most complete and functional address book I've ever used and I would really not want to throw it (or all the keying I've done) away. But, I want to get that data onto my iPad2 when it gets here.

My understanding from Palm Desktop is that I can export the files in the following formats: *.aba, *.csv, *.txt, and *.tab. So far the only documentation I have on the iPad is the book iPad for Dummies and it does not appear from that limited source that I have any viable options. Windows 7 offers and I'm using Windows Live Mail but I sure don't want to import my Palm Desktop files into my Contacts list as that would result in a horrible mess as far as my e-mail address book is concerned.

Perhaps my problems are both a lack of knowledge about Windows Contacts as well as iPad contacts. Any suggestions you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

KarlaMonique

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have a gmail account? If so, transfer them from you Palm to your gmail acct. Then use your gmail to transfer contacts/calendar to your iPad.

Last edited:
OP
B

BigBlue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the record, my neighbor found a creative way to convert my contacts: I printed them out and he scanned them in on his flatbed scanner with sheet feed, then converted them to a PDF file which I can then read on the iPad2. This can be done as often as needed if I continue to use the Palm software.

Most reactions

Latest posts