What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Converting DVD's to ipad on my new imac

frederick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Before I bought my new iMac I could record TV programmes and download them on my laptop and then send them to my iPad via an app called " FlexPlayer" via iTunes. I got this from a previous thread a year or two back. I have tried this again, it shows that the file is in the iTunes under the file sharing but when I open the app on my iPad there is no video there?Am I using the correct app or should I use a different app. Maybe it is something to do with my settings on the iMac.
Any body out there that can help a frustrated chap out?

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
frederick said:
Hi guys,

Before I bought my new iMac I could record TV programmes and download them on my laptop and then send them to my iPad via an app called " FlexPlayer" via iTunes. I got this from a previous thread a year or two back. I have tried this again, it shows that the file is in the iTunes under the file sharing but when I open the app on my iPad there is no video there?Am I using the correct app or should I use a different app. Maybe it is something to do with my settings on the iMac.
Any body out there that can help a frustrated chap out?

If the video file is in iTunes, wouldn't it be in the Video app on your iPad? Of course, that depends on if you synched your iPad with your laptop in the old style: based on connecting the iPad with the laptop using a cord connection. That's how I transfer ripped DVDs from my laptop to my iPad.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 247820

Hi Frederik.

I don't know the official way, but this is what I do:
To get videos into the iPad I convert them to mp4 and drag them into the "films" section of the iPad when connected to iTunes.
When you look in the iPad the video/movie will be in the Video App.
Like the old saying goes:
Life was not meant to be easy.

OP
F

frederick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well looks like I lost the previously loaded videos, never mind!

So I sourced the Internet and after reading numerous threads, downloaded " Handbrake". Seemed to work well if you are just loading a single movie / recorded TV programme, but doesn't want a bean of anymore than one. So thinking outside the square, I placed the recorded DVD Ito my laptop and used my previously loaded version of Amiersoft and loaded the TV programme. Then copied it to a flash drive, copied it to my iMac and the downloaded it to my iPad via iTunes using FlexPlayer.
Bit of a mission but achieved it ok.
If I could get around the Handbrake issue this would be great, otherwise I might download the latest version of say Amiersoft or similar which would be more user friendly?
I did have a brief look into Handbrake but as most Kiwi men will tell you, we hate reading instructions???
Any other ideas?

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use MacX DVD Ripper Pro.

Although the article is dated, the 2010 Macworld DVD ripper review was helpful because it compares some of the most popular ripping programs. I found it by using the Google search term" MacWorld DVD ripper review."

You should also be able to find more recent reviews online.

OP
F

frederick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now we have success, as i went into he Handbrake instructions and under handbrake Cli it has step by step instructions. This is what i do now and it works perfectly ( 3 times this evening to be precise)
Open Handbrake, Click file, Click open source( Title Specific),In my case ( DVD_VIDEO_RECORDER) shows in the source window.
Click Video T.S., Click Open, Enter Title numbers in the box, e.g. 1-3, Open Title, Click Scan anyway, Start., Once finished the video will be on my desktop where i copy it to my Movies folder for syncing in iTunes.
As is most things are simple when you know/ follow the correct or specific instructions.
Thanks for all you input, until next time?

Most reactions

Latest posts