Converting a DVD help needed

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by No1zeppelinfan, Aug 27, 2011.

1. No1zeppelinfan

No1zeppelinfan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Trying to convert a DVD but when I use DVD decryptor it saves them as about 6 files so I then need something that makes them 6 files 1 and converts for the ipad, I tried Handbrake but I dont think that does this. Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks in advance

2. sjleworthy

sjleworthy
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Try DVD shrink

3. No1zeppelinfan

No1zeppelinfan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Thats no good as that also creates a dvd in multiple files.

4. GoPackGo

GoPackGo
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Handbrake might not make multiple files, try that

5. Ahabiam

Ahabiam
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I use DVD FAB. You can try it free for a few weeks. Decrypt and burn the DVD to a hard drive. You will have 2 files, an audio and a video. Take the video file and run it through handbrake. Transfer the file from handbrake to I-Tunes, and then yo the pad. Works pretty well for me.

6. bdullea

bdullea
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Try dvd decyrpter, I use this it only cost $9.99 and works great, but as to your other point it does make six files but the only file you need for the movies is the largest file the other files are for subtitltes and if you want to have the addtional movie trailers etc, but the main movie would be the largest file size usally 1.2-2.0 GB file (might be listed in MB) but try just copying the large file should work, I did it that way before I got DVD decrypter (lets you select from differnt formats ipad is one ipad2 is another, as well as HD or not). Enjoy

7. No1zeppelinfan

No1zeppelinfan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    All sorted, Thanks all. There's a setting in DVD Decryptor that you choose to make a single file, Then used the usual Videora. Can never understand why so many use Handbrake, Always takes hours for me and Videora is only n average 45 mins?

8. sjleworthy

sjleworthy
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    DVD shrink can be set to re-author a DVD in a single chunk

9. treker

treker
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Handbrake works really well on my pc. Converts full dvd iso movies in 20 muntes or less using all 6 cores at 100% workload. Warms up the processor for sure. Videora does not convert iso file. All my video is copied into uncompressed iso file format. Handbrake just handles more formats, is FAST and has iPad presets...easy to use.

10. No1zeppelinfan

No1zeppelinfan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, What am I doing wrong then. I'm at this moment doing a 2hr dvd and its estimated at 18 hours so far, Still 14 hours left??