What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Converting a DVD help needed

No1zeppelinfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trying to convert a DVD but when I use DVD decryptor it saves them as about 6 files so I then need something that makes them 6 files 1 and converts for the ipad, I tried Handbrake but I dont think that does this. Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Ahabiam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No1zeppelinfan said:
Trying to convert a DVD but when I use DVD decryptor it saves them as about 6 files so I then need something that makes them 6 files 1 and converts for the ipad, I tried Handbrake but I dont think that does this. Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks in advance

I use DVD FAB. You can try it free for a few weeks. Decrypt and burn the DVD to a hard drive. You will have 2 files, an audio and a video. Take the video file and run it through handbrake. Transfer the file from handbrake to I-Tunes, and then yo the pad. Works pretty well for me.

bdullea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try dvd decyrpter, I use this it only cost $9.99 and works great, but as to your other point it does make six files but the only file you need for the movies is the largest file the other files are for subtitltes and if you want to have the addtional movie trailers etc, but the main movie would be the largest file size usally 1.2-2.0 GB file (might be listed in MB) but try just copying the large file should work, I did it that way before I got DVD decrypter (lets you select from differnt formats ipad is one ipad2 is another, as well as HD or not). Enjoy

OP
No1zeppelinfan

No1zeppelinfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All sorted, Thanks all. There's a setting in DVD Decryptor that you choose to make a single file, Then used the usual Videora. Can never understand why so many use Handbrake, Always takes hours for me and Videora is only n average 45 mins?

treker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All sorted, Thanks all. There's a setting in DVD Decryptor that you choose to make a single file, Then used the usual Videora. Can never understand why so many use Handbrake, Always takes hours for me and Videora is only n average 45 mins?

Handbrake works really well on my pc. Converts full dvd iso movies in 20 muntes or less using all 6 cores at 100% workload. Warms up the processor for sure. Videora does not convert iso file. All my video is copied into uncompressed iso file format. Handbrake just handles more formats, is FAST and has iPad presets...easy to use.

OP
No1zeppelinfan

No1zeppelinfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, What am I doing wrong then. I'm at this moment doing a 2hr dvd and its estimated at 18 hours so far, Still 14 hours left??

OP
No1zeppelinfan

No1zeppelinfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just started it again making sure I use the "Ipad" preset and it starts at an estimate of 40 hours, Really appreciate if someone can give me some pointers with handbrake.

treker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get a faster computer :)
Getting ready for a trip, I just converted three 2hr movies in less than 60mins. I used the QUE feature for the first time. Works like a charm.

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No1zeppelinfan said:
Whats the "QUE" feature then?

Haven't tried but it probably lets you add multiple movies to a list and have them all converted at once instead of having to wait for each one to finish separately.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use handbrake to convert my DVDs and it works a treat.... Plus it's free :)

If you want to convert a bunch of video files you can create a queue, then just leave it to get on with it's business.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts