What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Convert windows software

rlangham

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a number of programs on cd's that are for windows. Is there any way I can use them on my IPad?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have a number of programs on cd's that are for windows. Is there any way I can use them on my IPad?
I'm afraid not. The only programs that can be run on the iPad or any other iOS device are the free and paid apps available in the AppStore.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

As already stated the answer is no - iOS, Windows, & OS X are different operating systems (i.e. different languages). Now you might want to tell us which iPad your own, what iOS is installed, and what type of Windows programs are you wanting to use on an iPad? First, there may be iOS equivalents that will work (e.g. iWork suite for Windows Office programs); second, there may be remote desktop options (I have Splashtop on my iPad) - but I cannot vouch having used the app to run my old Windows PC, so no personal experience, but check HERE for some interesting discussion. Good luck and let us know your results - Dave :)

NickJames

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to use some windows program for my ipad but I was unable to do it so may be I also think its no. Still if any one gets any idea about how you can do it please do share.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I tried to use some windows program for my ipad but I was unable to do it so may be I also think its no. Still if any one gets any idea about how you can do it please do share.

Hi Nick.. - welcome to the forum! :) If you did not read my post, please let us know which Windows programs you want to run on the iPad since acceptable alternate iOS apps may exist; also look at some of the remote control apps, such as the one mentioned and a link provided. Good luck! Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts