What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Convert video to ipad2 format

saadsatya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my new ipad2 yesterday and I tried to download loads of new applications to convert movies to the iPad format but all I found were trial versions.

Suggest me with links of full version of free video converters just windows compatible. :)

Last edited:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Search box (at the top-left of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

With respect to your question, Handbrake is probably the most popular video converter. Google "Handbrake".

Welcome again and enjoy!

RandyM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure what kind of movies you are converting but i found that using Windows Live Movie maker converts most formats to mp4 that works great with my iphone 4s, ipod touch and ipad 2 and its free.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are many 3rd party movie player apps in the app store that will play formats other than mp4's.....
Oplayer & AVplayerHD for example...and some also bypass iTunes by transferring via wifi or usb....
I use AVplayerHD....

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been along the same on the same path, loads of broken promises on the way.

I use 'Any DVD Converter Pro' works fine for me, but expect a conversion to take about 2 hours per full movie.

Fortunately if converting already digitized files to mp4, you can Que them up - and perhaps go on holiday :)

Most reactions

Latest posts