1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Convert mkv with subtitles to ipad 1

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by dehein2, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dehein2

dehein2 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,
    i've searched the internet for hours and tried about 6-7 converters (including Handbrake, sothink, aleesoft...) to achive the following thing.
    I have mkv's with subtitle tracks and want them to be avaiable on my ipad. I have e.g. a video mkv file with

- Video Track
    - German Audio Track
    - Japanese Audio Track
    - Sub Track 1
    - Sub Track 2

and im just trying to get a mp4(m4v) file with exactly the same tracks.... is that even possible?

Thanks alot
    Dennis
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  2. richsadams

richsadams iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0
    Welcome to the forum Dennis! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Search box (at the top-left of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

There are a number of threads discussing .mkv files already. I've included a list I found by simply typing "MKV" into the advance Google Search in the upper right-hand corner. I'm sure you'll find some good information there, but if not, post in the appropriate thread.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
    Hacking Rules - Please read
    iPad for Beginners
    Free iPad User Manuals
    Download The Official iPad Forum App

Welcome again and enjoy!

SEARCH RESULTS:

[TABLE="class: gsc-table-result, width: 546"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: gsc-table-cell-snippet-close"]HD .mkv files to play on TV from NAS drive

May 8, 2011 ... What application/accessories would I need to play videos (mainly in .avi & .mkv, 720p & 1080p) directly from my NAS drive on my HD TV ...
    www.ipadforums.net/.../28666-hd-mkv-files-play-tv-nas-drive.html
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TR]
    [TD="class: gsc-table-cell-snippet-close"]Easy and quick conversion method for MKV and XviD (avi) to iPad

Jan 26, 2011 ... I stumbled across this method as an easy way to convert videos for the iPad when they're not already encoded in an Apple-compatible format.
    www.ipadforums.net/.../17799-easy-quick-conversion-method-mkv-xvid-avi -ipad.html
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TR]
    [TD="class: gsc-table-cell-snippet-close"]which best app to watch mkv 720p movies on my iPad

Apr 12, 2011 ... as the title , i need the best app for format "mkv" 720p movies that can i watch my movies without convert them thanks.
    www.ipadforums.net/.../25118-best-app-watch-mkv-720p-movies-my-ipad. html
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TR]
    [TD="class: gsc-table-cell-snippet-close"].mkv

Apr 21, 2011 ... I really wish there was an APP to read .mkv SD and HD I'm going to travel tomorrow till monday and it kinda annoys me to convert everythibg ...
    www.ipadforums.net/ipad-apps/26421-mkv.html
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TR]
    [TD="class: gsc-table-cell-snippet-close"]Help playing HD .mkv files on VLC for iPad.

Mar 25, 2011 ... So basically I have the VLC app for my iPad and I copy across files which are 2gb -7gb as they are in high definition and have a .mkv extension. ...
    www.ipadforums.net/.../22768-help-playing-hd-mkv-files-vlc-ipad.html
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TR]
    [TD="class: gsc-table-cell-snippet-close"]Converting MKV to Ipad with Subtitles

Sep 22, 2010 ... Hello all, I watch anime with Japanese audio in the MKV format, which often has the subtitles embedded and played through vobsub. Is there ...
    www.ipadforums.net/ipad.../10551-converting-mkv-ipad-subtitles.html
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TR]
    [TD="class: gsc-table-cell-snippet-close"]Converting .mkv files

Aug 24, 2010 ... Ok, so I'm finally an iPad user, and just like every grown child I want to put few cartoons on my iPad so I can watch them in bed while the wife is.
    www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/9080-converting-mkv-files.html
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TR]
    [TD="class: gsc-table-cell-snippet-close"]mkv - Search Results - Apple iPad Forum

app, avi, divx, ipad, mkv, player, video, xvid 4 Attachment(s) ... Easy and quick conversion method for MKV and XviD (avi) to iPad ...
    Tags - Apple iPad Forummkv.html
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TR]
    [TD="class: gsc-table-cell-snippet-close"]MPplayer bugs MKV

Apr 21, 2011 ... hi , i did last week downlaud the MPplayer for my ipad 2 , and when i did puth a movie on my pad and pusched the play button the screen is not ...
    www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/26385-mpplayer-bugs-mkv.html
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TR]
    [TD="class: gsc-table-cell-snippet-close"]Terra Browser does not open MKV in GoodPlayer

May 8, 2011 ... I hope this is the right section to post this problem. I downloaded anMKV file using Terra Browser. When I go into "saved file" and I tap.
    www.ipadforums.net/.../28676-terra-browser-does-not-open-mkv- goodplayer.html
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.