What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Convert excel to XML

creader

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All, first post so please be gentle.

I need to be able to edit Excel stock sheets, then convert them and email them as XML format attachments. This is for an automatic stock ordering process, the recieving software can fully automate the task if the received email attachement files are XML.

I have Office HD, which claims that it can edit and re-save xml docs, but this is not the case, it can only read them and refuses to save them after any editing.

Numbers is the same.

I'm looking at QuickOffice and Documents to Go, (I have asked the developers and am waiting for a response).

Any ideas if there is an app that will do this??

Any help appreciated,
C

incapete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like you've covered all the apps I would have suggested! Good luck though, it should be possible I'm sure!

OP
C

creader

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, you would think that it would be achievable, apparently QuickOffice does not support XML.

still waiting for a response on Docs to Go.. or any other suggestions??

I may have to use Dropbox. Install on the iPad and a P.C machine. Then copy the excel docs to the cloud share point, run an automated script on the P.C/Dropbox/Completed Orders folder/items to convert and then email off.

Seems a huge task though, an App to convert would save a lot of pain..

C

Most reactions

Latest posts