What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conversion App Question

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know of an app or anyway I can convert a .cbr or .cbz file to a pdf on the iPad?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not on the iPad itself, but Calibre can convert just about anything to just about anything. It lists .cbr .cbz, and .pdf in it extensive list of compatible formats. Calibre is free (shareware actually) and available for both OS X and Windows.

OP
Munky

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already have comicrack on my pc was hoping there was an app or web based option for the iPad. Thanks for the reply though.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Oh well. If you find a solution let us know. I'm sure there are others that would like an iPad only (or iPad with web service) way to convert file types.

OP
Munky

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like the only solutions for now for downloading comics on the go and converting is either remote into my home pc using vnc download, convert, then download back to the iPad via FTP or downloading them on the go and just use a comic reader app.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Probably. Even if you found a web site that would do the conversion you would still have to find a way around Safari's file uploading limitation.

OP
Munky

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't use safari, I'm split between icab and atomic at the moment...can't remember if either of those can upload.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
iCab tries to work with uploads, but it doesn't work with every site. For instance, it does not work with this forum's upload button. Looks like it will, but gives an error message. I think the message says something about file type. I haven't tried in a while.

Most reactions

Latest posts