What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Continous Safari shutdowns on Ipad 1

Concernedkev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have tried everything, on the latest OS but my safari continues to shutdown. Thinking of dumping the iPad for something else. Any ideas?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Concernedkev said:
Hi,

I have tried everything, on the latest OS but my safari continues to shutdown. Thinking of dumping the iPad for something else. Any ideas?

The iPad 1 is constrained by it's small amount of RAM. It's best to close all apps but the ones actually being used at the time. This may help alleviate the safari shutdown problem.

OP
C

Concernedkev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
The iPad 1 is constrained by it's small amount of RAM. It's best to close all apps but the ones actually being used at the time. This may help alleviate the safari shutdown problem.

Thanks, I get that, this problem started after new OS update and there seems to be no way of restoring to an earlier release of OS. It seems a poor show from that all iPad 1 users experience this issue and the only way to fix it is to shutdown apps.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Concernedkev said:
Thanks, I get that, this problem started after new OS update and there seems to be no way of restoring to an earlier release of OS. It seems a poor show from that all iPad 1 users experience this issue and the only way to fix it is to shutdown apps.

Apps today are quite a bit larger than they were when the iPad 1 was first introduced, placing more of a demand on the limited resources available.

Most reactions

Latest posts