1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Contacts ?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Marynotsteve, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Marynotsteve

Marynotsteve iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How can I add email contacts ? I use google email, I dont want to sync, just manually add contacts on my iPad.
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,987 / 1
    How are you getting to your GMail?

If you are using the Mail app, just tap and hold on the email address. You should get an option to add it to an existing contact, or create a new one.

If you are using another app, you will probably have to tap and hold to select the address, copy it, then open the Contact app and add it manually; however the app may recognize it as an email address (some do, some don't) in which case you'll get the same options you would get in the Mail app.

I don't recommend keeping you Contacts on the iPad without syncing to some service or computer. Keeping your contacts in one place, one device (especially a mobile device) is risky.
  3. City

City iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    You don't need to sync anything to add an email to a contact. Just type the desired email address in the field required for it.
    As for adding it to your iPad, I believe it's there in your settings, where it says Email, Contacts, Calender. Then you can adjust it from there.
    If you are using Safari on the iPad, you can go just to regular Google, and sign in there, as if it was any other computer/PC.
  4. Bennettb

Bennettb iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61 / 0
    Isn't iCloud safe enough?
  5. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,987 / 1
    iCloud is reasonable. It is even better if you are using it to sync to multiple devices. For real protection you should periodically go to the icloud.com site on a computer then export and save you contacts as a vCard file. It all depends on how critical your contacts are to your business, or just happiness.

I did not mention the need to sync because I thought iCloud was not good enough, but because the OP said they did not want to sync, which I was afraid meant the contacts have no backup at all.

I could be wrong, and just reading too much into the post, but it doesn't hurt (much) to type a few more words, incase,