What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contacts

mark1960

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to get information of the contacts in a back up without restoring from a backup? I deleted a contact and now I need it back.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mark1960 said:
Is there a way to get information of the contacts in a back up without restoring from a backup? I deleted a contact and now I need it back.

My understanding is that if you are syncing with Gmail you can recover any contact deleted in the last 30 days.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
None that I am aware of. The backup isn't stored in a readable format. Restoring from backup is an all or nothing deal.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
None that I am aware of. The backup isn't stored in a readable format. Restoring from backup is an all or nothing deal.

Perhaps going back to the day before the contact was deleted and restoring it all would be an option. Or possibly I haven't understood it correctly.

Last edited:
OP
M

mark1960

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. I'll just live with my mistake. Guess I need to be more careful.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you are not syncing your contacts with a computer or online service like Google, I recommend you change that. Holding all your info on one device is risky, and the Contacts app has been known to lose the database.

I recommend using Google, at least until iCloud and iOS 5 come out. The Google account must be set up as an Exchange account on the iPad to sync Contacts.

Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help

Most reactions

Latest posts