What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contacts

Deborah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I added one contact to my contact list and I can't add another
Any suggestions

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
welcome To The Forum Deborah!

You are in the Contacts app and when you press the plus button on the lower right hand corner of the left side page nothing happens?

dimmer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Contacts adding doesn't work

I can add one contact then nothing
I have pushed the + button and then I get a new contact info page but after filling in info it will not add to address book? I have a Mac and am somewhat computer savy but this seems to be an app problem. Nothing I can think of will allow a second entry.

:confused:

Same problem this thread has asked

dimmer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hold down the home key and the power button, then when the slider comes on move to power off. then hit power button and all should work

synergy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Contacts problem not really solved by reset or turning off

I have had the same problem with the Contacts app as many users on this forum. Namely that they encounter occasions when they are trying to add a contact that the "Done" button does not operate - so they loose whatever they have entered.

And the same solution has also been offered a number of times: Resetting the Ipad by simultaneously holding down the "Home" and "Sleep/wake" button for a few seconds OR just turning it off with Sleep/wake and dragging the red slider to off.

That APPEARS to work because it indeed allows you to add a contact again but you can immediately find yourself with the same problem. On a new contact, pasting in the name or phone number from somewhere else will often freeze it. Sometimes putting photos in the contact will cause this.

I have found only one way to avoid this problem (and I shouldn't have to employ it): When I enter SOMETHING for a contact and come back and edit it, I have not had this problem. The trouble occurs in some set of circumstances with NEW adds.

There is an app problem here and I suspect its in the iOS4 update because I never encountered those problems before.

I'd like hear if others have found the turn it off and turn it back on solution is only partially adequate and doesnt really address the problem

romanr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this is old but this just happened to me and the reset trick works but what a pain in the ars. This needs to be fixed.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this is old but this just happened to me and the reset trick works but what a pain in the ars. This needs to be fixed.

Did the reset problem fix it permanently, or does it recur as the other posters have commented? I usually end up 'automatically' entering contacts in the 'Contacts' app from the iPad's native 'Mail' app, usually emails from people I've not heard from before, and this problem doesn't occur with this 'automatic' method of entering contacts - i.e. where you touch and hold a new email address and Mail offers you the option to 'Add a New Contact'.

Tim
Scotland

romanr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hasn't reoccured so I'm not sure it's a permanent fix. Getting ready to install new IOS update so I hope there is a fix there.

frego312

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Contacts "Done" Button Problem on iPad 2

Same issue on my brand new iPad 2. Can make changes to a few existing contacts fine, but then the Done button stops working. The Home button takes me out of Contacts, and when I go back in, the edit I just made is there. Resetting the iPad allows it to work again for a few entries, but then the same issue appears.

Most reactions