What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contacts in mail app

Guy1717

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have answered an email that someone send to me and since then his emailadress remains there. I don't know this person and i want to delete it.
I just don't know how.
Every time i want to send an email his adress appears in the list under the letter G and iwant to get rid of this, another example : under the letter M i have 5 contacts and i don't want ro keep any of them

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No one has figured out how to clear this 'usually' helpful feature. However the catch that holds the email addresses is not endless and the address should go away, eventually. Might take a while, a long while.

OP
Guy1717

Guy1717

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well thats really annoying but thx for the reply

OP
Guy1717

Guy1717

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, if I mail to 10 persons per day, for example when i sell stuff on the internet on ebay, I will have 3650 useless contacts in the mail app after a year?
I don't understand that so little people are annoyed with this

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, if I mail to 10 persons per day, for example when i sell stuff on the internet on ebay, I will have 3650 useless contacts in the mail app after a year?
I don't understand that so little people are annoyed with this

It's a list that's entirely separate from the iPad's native Contacts app - simply a temporary list of limited length (no one seems sure whether this is limited time or limited number of contacts) that the iPad maintains. For sure, these 'temporary' contacts do eventually drop off the end of the list and disappear for ever. Entries in the iPad's Contacts app can be deleted, of course, it's simply this temporary 'recently used' addresses that can't be removed on the iPad (the Mac has a similar list, but does have a facility to clear it).

Tim

OP
Guy1717

Guy1717

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, in this case, my friends mail adresses will dissapear also in time?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, in this case, my friends mail adresses will dissapear also in time?

Contacts that you've entered into the iPad's native Contacts app will remain there for ever. Those that the iPad has automatically put in the 'recently used mail addresses' list will disappear after a certain time...but no one seems sure how long....:(

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts