1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Contacting Apple

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by gringo3391, Mar 25, 2013.

1. gringo3391

gringo3391 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi guys new to this forum I had problems with my iPad 2 whilst updating the last update I took it to Genius Bar and they said it wasn't very well and was not worth repairing so I am left with an iPad I had as a gift which was only just over warranty by twenty days, I have contacted apple but as they say they read the emails but will not reply only if you had ideas to help with the iPad so I am asking does anyone know how to contact apple direct if so could you please enlighten me with this information as I would like to know where I stand with apple many thanks gringo3391
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,037 / 1
    If your iPad is no longer under warranty, Apple is not obligated to replace your iPad. You will have to buy a new or refurbished iPad at full price, if Apple can't repair your existing one. The repair cost is about half the full cost of a new iPad, if Apple can repair it.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  3. gringo3391

gringo3391 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I understand about the warranty ,but maybe if I could contact apple directly I might stand a better chance of getting it replaced because of the nature of the iPad crashing with so much hardware failure,I could understand if it was a washing machine which nearly gets replaced after 12 months,this is why I would like to contact them directly to see if anything can be done at there end thanks for info scifan 57
  4. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +747 / 0
  5. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +785 / 0
    Hi Gringo.... - welcome to the forum! :)

Good luck contacting Apple - hope there is some help; however, just curious - I'm assuming that this was a 'used' iPad 2 given your warranty statement? If so, had the device been damaged and/or 'jailbroken'? May have impacted on the advise given by the 'Genius...' guys? But, I agree that you are probably 'out of luck' - sorry (crossing my fingers, though!) - :thumbs:
  6. gringo3391

gringo3391 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi giradman
    Thanks for the interest the iPad was a real deal not touched in anyway what so ever, that is one of the reasons I wanted to talk to apple even the genius guys couldn't believe there was hardware failure like that,maybe mine is just a one off,let's hope so ,but yes somebody has replied with a link I could try I will see how get on and let you guys know and I do hope it doesn't happen to anyone else Gringo
    N
  7. gringo3391

gringo3391 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for the link will certainly try and contact them Gringo
  8. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +747 / 0
    Good luck, please let us know how you get on.

The Archangel