Contact Sync Issues

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by shanshuprophecy, Jan 27, 2011.

1. shanshuprophecy

shanshuprophecy iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Whenever I tick 'sync contacts' in itunes, i get a message asking if I am 'sure i want to delete all apps' .. has anyone else experienced this and/or know of a resolution? my iphone & macbook sync with no issues & my ipad syncs phots & music without any problems - it just seems to be contacts that is causing the problem/s:confused:

2. peled

peled iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Take a close look at what is defined in you Device secton regarding what shuld be synced and what should not. Or better yet, whether it is defined to sync - yet it is empty on the iTunes side.
    Be very careful with that.

3. shanshuprophecy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the response - i'm not 100% that i follow you correctly - do you mean check the ipad itself for what should be synced or the device via itunes? i have tried just checking the sync contacts in itunes and thats when i get the 'delete apps' message i referred to - its a bizarre thing as i cannot see what one has to do with the other? Also, my iphone & macbook sync fine - its just the ipad ....

4. shanshuprophecy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ha! after weeks of not getting this to sync, i just tried it again - the only thing i did different was tick sync google contacts but it worked fine & synced ALL contacts - thanks for the response - much appreciated :)