What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contact list

fisherman66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Somehow I reduced the size of my contacts book on my ipad2. I would love to get it back to it's original size. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you say you reduced the size, do you mean you've lost contacts from your Contacts database, or that the physical size of the app when it's on the iPad screen is now smaller?

Welcome to the Forum

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow - OK - don't know how that could have happened. Did you have any of the accessibility options switched on in 'Settings' - typically those increase the size of some of the content of some apps.

Tim

OP
F

fisherman66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I was on the contact app when it happened. Somehow I tapped the screen in a weird way. But I can't seem to tap or spread the screen with my fingers. Not sure what I did or how to get it back.

Thanks, Dave

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Huh, that is weird (cause I see nothing in the Contacts app that'll let you anything other than your contacts). There's no settings...

So, let's try the default first step in help: reboot the iPad. Hold down both the sleep and Home buttons until the screen goes dark and you see the white Apple logo (the slide to unlock screen may or not appear). Release the buttons when you see the white logo. Note that it may take a bit of time to both see the logo and to then have your homescreen come back...

See if that does anything, cause that sure is mystifying. Let us know?

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Weird. It almost sounds like the accessibility Zoom feature in reverse. Tap twice with three fingers turn it on and off. Tap twice and hold, then drag up or down to zoom in and out. Three finger drag to move around the zoomed page.

But you can't (I can't) make it reduce the size below full screen view.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only way I can "shrink" the book, is to start to close it with multi-touch pinch gesture. But can't freeze it there. If that feature glitches... I'm thinking reboot too.

Exactly how small is it, and is there anything in the background?

OP
F

fisherman66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the ideas. Tried all to no avail. The book fills the screen in horizontal position, however with the pad in vertical position there is about one inch black on the bottom and one and a half inch black on the top.

Most reactions

Latest posts