Contact Information Disappears

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by Ebony, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Ebony

Ebony
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have an iPad 3 32GB. V 8.1.2
    My contact information suddenly disappeared. When I shut my iPad down and turn on again and open Contacts I can see my contact information for a millisecond then they disappear. Any ideas what is happening?

2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No idea what is happening, but a here's suggestion that might help: reset your iPad. Press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears, let go of both. The iPad will power up on it's own.

3. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    If the 'Reset' does not help and I'm assuming that you are talking about the native 'Contacts' app, let us know if you have iCloud activated and the sync settings for your contacts, etc. Dave :)

4. Ebony

Ebony
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Will this reset cause all my installed APPS to be removed? What happens to the installed data after reset?

#4 Ebony, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  5. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    No. The reset described will not delete anything. Think of it as restarting the iPad with a kick in the seat; just to get it's attention.

6. Ebony

Ebony
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    The reset did not help,

7. Ebony

Ebony
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    iCloud is activated. What do you mean by Sync settings for my contacts?

8. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Please keep all your posts on this topics to this thread only. I've deleted your other post on this topic as posting in more than one thread about the same topic can fragment any resulting responses making it hard to follow the topic. It's also against forum rules.

9. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    If you are using iCloud to sync your Contacts, go to icloud.com on a computer to make sure your contacts are there. Make sure they are all there, and up to date.

If they are, you can go to Settings > iCloud and turn off your Contacts. Tell it yes when it asks if you want to delete the local contacts. Visit the Contacts app to make sure they are gone and the app opens. Then go back to iCloud Settings and turn the Contacts back on.

This forces the contact database to download from iCloud again, giving you a clean and hopefully uncorrupted database.

I emphasis, only do this if your contacts are present and correct at icloud.com. If you sync your contacts with a different service it won't do anything. If you are not syncing them at all, you'll lose them all.

10. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    With iOS 8.1.2 installed, you're also able to visit iCloud in Safari on your iPad. All you have to do is request the desktop site.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List