What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Constant Wireless Issues

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I was having the same issues, and I discovered that airplane mode was accidentally turned to "on". I am hoping this is the solution and that I don't have anymore issues!

If you were having intermittent problems I don't think this is your problem. Turning airplane mode 'on' completely disables WiFi, Bluetooth and many other features on the iPad. If you were not getting any WiFi at all then this could have been your problem

T

TJK

My wife and I were both having connection issues with WEP over both our Linksys and Apple Airport routers. I did a firmware update to the airport and changed to WAP2 and we are rock solid now.

328iGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife and I were both having connection issues with WEP over both our Linksys and Apple Airport routers. I did a firmware update to the airport and changed to WAP2 and we are rock solid now.

Yes I have never had a single issue with WAP2 on my Airport Extreme and yesterday I had 4 iPad's in my house running, along with a few kids and there iPoad Touches and iPhones....no issue! :D

Khannr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had an issue with the wi-fi at work. At first it worked fine but then had trouble connecting the following week and now doesn't connect at all! However I have no problems connecting using 2 different iPads belonging to colleagues. So it can't be an issue with the router.
My iPad is a 32gb wi-fi model while the other 2 are 32gb 3g models but I don't see why that should make a difference.
My iPad has no problems connecting to the wi-fi at home (although it did keep asking for the password for the router for one week)
I've tried everything Apple support have suggested including a factory reset and it's come down to having to return it for a replacement.
I'm picking up the replacement on Monnday so should be able to try the connection on Tuesday. I'll post a message on Tuesday to let you know if the replacement worked.

I got my replacement iPad from the Apple store today and the new one connects to the work wi-fi without any problems. So there does appear to be an issue with the hardware.

smilepak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
changing from WEP to WPA for me is a pain. I have 8 laptops + PS3 + DS + Wii + 3 desktops + ipad + 4 ipod touch + 2 TV + 3 Blu Ray in the house hold. Changing to WPA I have to through and update all of them. Pain in the ass

Khannr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had an issue with the wi-fi at work. At first it worked fine but then had trouble connecting the following week and now doesn't connect at all! However I have no problems connecting using 2 different iPads belonging to colleagues. So it can't be an issue with the router.
My iPad is a 32gb wi-fi model while the other 2 are 32gb 3g models but I don't see why that should make a difference.
My iPad has no problems connecting to the wi-fi at home (although it did keep asking for the password for the router for one week)
I've tried everything Apple support have suggested including a factory reset and it's come down to having to return it for a replacement.
I'm picking up the replacement on Monnday so should be able to try the connection on Tuesday. I'll post a message on Tuesday to let you know if the replacement worked.

I got my replacement iPad from the Apple store today and the new one connects to the work wi-fi without any problems. So there does appear to be an issue with the hardware.

OK, after having done a restore from backup of the 1st iPad, the new one now doesn't connect to the work Wi-Fi. I give up! :mad:

Shaprirode

iPF Noob
Reaction score
problem with my TP-LINK PORTABLE 3G/4G WIRELESS N ROUTER,MODEL NO.TL-MR3020

Dear Forum members,
i am undergoing problems in connecting with my TP-LINK PORTABLE 3G/4G WIRELESS N ROUTER,MODEL NO.TL-MR3020
My ipad device is the recent retina display model
pl help

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dear Forum members, i am undergoing problems in connecting with my TP-LINK PORTABLE 3G/4G WIRELESS N ROUTER,MODEL NO.TL-MR3020 My ipad device is the recent retina display model pl help
Have you tried resetting network settings on your iPad? To do so, go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. If this doesn't work, try resetting the router.

Most reactions

Latest posts