What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conservative MP Apologies for Playing Candy Crush Soda Saga in UK Parliament

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

MCVUK reports today on a story that has made national news in the UK, with Conservative member of parliament Nigel Mills apologising “unreservedly” for being caught playing Candy Crush Soda Saga on his taxpayer-funded iPad during a parliamentary committee meeting.

Mills, who is the Conservative MP for Amber Valley, was shown in The Sun newspaper today playing the game during a Works and Pensions Committee meeting.

“There was a bit of the meeting that I wasn’t focusing on and I probably had a game or two,” Mills told The Sun.

“I shouldn’t do it but if you check the meeting I would say I was fully engaged in asking questions that I thought were particularly important in how we get the pensions issue right. I shall try not to do it in future.”

It was after making this statement to The Sun that Mills issued his apology on Twitter. Maybe Mills was inspired to play the game after seeing the giant gummy bear float past the Houses of Parliament down the River Thames when Candy Crush Soda Saga launched in London the other week!

Source: MCVUK

Most reactions