1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Connectivety

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Bigdoggy79, May 13, 2011.

1. Bigdoggy79

Bigdoggy79 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't know anything about computers but I get by with trial and error. Can I just say how disappointed I am that my new iPhone 4 doesn't talk to my ipad 2! Shit house to say the least.
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    When you say your iPhone4 doesn't talk to your iPad2, I wasn't quite sure what you mean. There are several ways that they can 'talk' to each other. For example, if you want to use a WiFi hotspot then you can set that option on the latest version of iOS and your iPad2 can then connect to your iPhone4 using WiFi.

If you simply want to pass files between the two devices - say Word files - then there are several ways to do that - I use Apple's MobileMe iDisk cloud storage server, which is supported in all Apple's iWorks apps for the iPad. No problem at all. Or you could use the free DropBox service.

Another way that I get my phone and iPad to talk to each other is by email - and then I attach the files that I want to send from one platform to the other.

In fact, there are so many ways in which the iPhone and iPad can talk to each other that you're spoilt for choice...

Tim
  3. richsadams

richsadams iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0
    Welcome to the forum. I'm with Tim when you say that the iPhone and iPad don't "talk to each other". :confused: What do you want them to say...or do?

As Tim mentioned, there are all sorts of ways that they can exchange information. I use MobileMe as well as DropBox to move files around. Connecting one or both to iTunes allows additional options depending on what you want to do and what apps you have. (Some of the apps available are "universal" meaning that they work on both the iPhone and iPad.)

Not knowing anything about computers, or iPhones or iPads can easily be resolved with a little research. If you have specific needs or questions, don't hesitate to post them.