What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connection problems

ukpouchies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I there I wonder if someone can help. My husband has just got his first iPad that he has had for a week and has been really happy until today...

For some reason safari can't open any pages, he can't get his email and none of his apps are working.

It says it has a wifi connection and the laptop and iPod are both working fine ruling out Internet issues.

If we turn off wifi and reconnect it works for a moment then comes to a holt again.

Can anybody suggest anything?

Thanks for your help in advance

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Anything ipad/iphone related that mis-behaves then do a 'hard reset', this will not delete apps or data.

Ig your ipad shows a WiFi signal then likely it is a router or internet problem, turn the routers power off, wait a good 2 minutes then back on again.

Give it several minutes and try to go onto the internet.

Let us know :)

OP
U

ukpouchies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome and the suggestion. :)

We finally got it fixed but it did mean a complete factory reset. We think our laptop may have picked up a virus and passed it on after the iPad got sync'd last, as when we tried the reboot that doesn't loose your stuff and then tried to sync it to iTunes we discovered iTunes was also playing up.

So we have also uninstalled and reinstalled a fresh new version of iTunes and both things seem to be working now :)

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ukpouchies said:
Thanks for the welcome and the suggestion. :)

We finally got it fixed but it did mean a complete factory reset. We think our laptop may have picked up a virus and passed it on after the iPad got sync'd last, as when we tried the reboot that doesn't loose your stuff and then tried to sync it to iTunes we discovered iTunes was also playing up.

So we have also uninstalled and reinstalled a fresh new version of iTunes and both things seem to be working now :)

thanks for the update, and very pleased you sorted it.

tbh i'd be needing convincing a virus transferred to the iPad, as iTunes is running on a windows pc, thats is imho the more likely a suspect. be wary of sites you visit, many are riddled with trojans hidden away in 'is you pc running slow' blah blah, while many are honest seems just as many are rogue, clicking and ignoring the warnings can be your downward path.

sherneththompson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello

I have got an iPad nag play cityville home and holiday home and all on a sudden my two games vanished and started a new one.
Do you know what is the cause of that?

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sherneththompson said:
Hello

I have got an iPad nag play cityville home and holiday home and all on a sudden my two games vanished and started a new one.
Do you know what is the cause of that?

sorry, no idea.

you need to open your own thread, it will get better exposure and be less confusing to those reading this one ;).

Most reactions

Latest posts